NOT SURE WHERE TO START? CHECK OUT MY SIDEBAR ON THE RIGHT FOR SOME TIPS...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Healthy Chef Camp

Well, we feel pretty lucky to live by Robyn Openshaw (aka Green Smoothie Girl).
Her daughters held a 3-day healthy chef camp this summer in Provo.
The girls were so excited and got to bring home their own chef book
full of yummy recipes.
 Fortunately, I got to sample almost everything they made.
I have to say that the hummus was the best I have ever had! (Recipe below!)
No more store bought for me after I get my high-powered blender!
We will be whippin' up some of that goodness for sure! 


 They also got to design their own little aprons...
of course Brooklyn went above and beyond...

"Brooklyn rocks.
Brooklyn is a hero.
Brooklyn is beautiful.
Brooklyn can fly.
Brooklyn will marry a boy."


 Enjoying...Bryn has always been open to trying almost anything I make.
I am SO grateful for that...
She makes me want to keep trying...


Words that come to my mind as I reflect on our journey: 

Peaceful; fulfilling; energy;
enlightenment; hope; courage;
persistance; patience; love;
kindness; sharing; blessing;
thankful...


HUMMUS

1 Can Garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained well)
1 clove garlic
1/4 Cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
Pinch of sea salt
Optional: 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes

Blend lemon juice; salt; olive oil; tahini and garlic in the blender
until there are no more chunks of garlic.
 Add beans and mix until smooth.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the aprons. A food processor will work for hummus too, if you have one of those.