NOT SURE WHERE TO START? CHECK OUT MY SIDEBAR ON THE RIGHT FOR SOME TIPS...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shopping list

I thought I would share a typical shopping list so you would know what kind of things I'm buying on a more regular basis...to give you an idea of how much you would be spending for a weeks worth of food...My shopping list is for 5 people for a week, but it actually goes further because we end up having leftovers on some days or even CEREAL for dinner! Or pancakes! Or french toast! This is a journey by the way, lol...

I usually end up having to go to 2-3 different places for groceries...and I don't have a Costco membership (yet), but when I do it will be glorious! I go to Winco for the bulk of my groceries; Sunflower Market for things like almond butter and sprouted grain tortillas, and Macey's for their fresh pico de gallo...

Shopping List
 (This costs me about $220)
We typically end up spending around $500- $600 in groceries every month

Celery
Cilantro
Carrots (whole)
Sweet Potatoes (3-4)
Parsley
Tomatoes (4)
Broccoli (3 stems)
Spinach
Cucumber (3)
Romaine Lettuce
Onion
Leek
Green Onions
Avocados (8)
Roma Tomatoes (8)
Frozen Mixed Veggies
Green Pepper (2)
Ginger Root
Frozen peas
Lemons (3)
Limes (8)
Pineapple
Green grapes
Banana (2 bunches)
Frozen blueberries
Fresh Raspberries
Fresh Strawberries
Green Apple (8)

Pico de gallo
Honey
Cider Vinegar
Veggie Broth
Rice Milk (3)
Coconut Oil
Almond butter
Pizza sauce

Black beans (3 cans)
Pinto beans (2 cans)
Cereal (Kashi brand)
Red lentils

Brown basmati rice
White corn tortillas
Hamburger buns (thin whole wheat)
English muffins (sprouted grain)
Sprouted grain tortillas
Tortilla chips
Wheat bread

Salmon
Turkey (2 lbs)
Mozerella cheese (8 oz pkg)
Kashi snacks
Spring water jugs

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Awesome blog! So happy I found it. I am a Green Smoothie devotee also! I even got to meet Robyn last year. I have also started juicing in the last several months and love it.

Beth said...

Wow, what a list!
I LOVE Winco for their bulk and cheap produce, I can get so much there and try new things without breaking the bank.

Thanks for the list, you have given me some ideas of things to try!